December 6, 2022 • 0 comments
'Tis the season! Liven up breakfast with these festive pancakes. Want to make them even better? Soak the flour in the eggnog overnight for enhanced nutrition and flavor.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 5
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and level)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog (use more for thinner pancakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter , melted
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (sub vanilla)
- Maple syrup , for serving
- Preheat and electric griddle to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in mixture then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, butter and rum extract until well blended. Pour wet mixture into well in dry mixture and whisk just until combined (small lumps are fine).
- Pour about a heaping 1/3 cup onto buttered griddle (vegetable oil works fine too if you don't like the fact that the butter can burn quickly), spread batter into an even round (just using the bottom of measuring cup).
- Cook until bottom is golden brown then lift, butter griddle once more, flip pancake and cook opposite side until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Recipe from: Cooking Classy