- 1 pound Homemade Fresh Ricotta or store-bought fresh ricotta, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To garnish: Toasted almond slices, sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries, and fresh mint leaves
- Process ricotta, honey, vanilla bean paste, and salt in a food processor until very smooth, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Whip heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ricotta mixture, and gently whisk to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold mixture until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 times. Divide mixture evenly among 4 glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate until firm and set, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Garnish mousse with toasted almond slices, sliced fresh strawberries, mint leaves, and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.
*Recipe from Food & Wine.