Oven-Baked Beef Ribs
July 6, 2022 • 0 comments
Tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs with a rich and complex flavor.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- 8 bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Salt and pepper the beef. Lay the beef (bone side down) in a baking dish, snuggle the ribs close together and cover tightly with aluminum foil. I use 2 sheets of foil.
- Cook ~ 3 ½ - 4 hours or until bone starts to separate from the meat and meat is tender.
- Uncover, drain off any liquid or excess fat (you don't want to start a fire if your broiler runs hot. Ribs are fatty and the grease could catch on fire so don't skip this step) OR place ribs on an aluminum lined baking sheet if you don't want to drain the hot baking dish (see video).
- Remove any excess fat from the top of the ribs with a butter knife (see video).
- Baste on bbq sauce. Broil on low for 2-4 minutes (watching carefully so it doesn't burn) or until caramelized.
*Recipe Credit: Eat Simple Food